"For the record, I believe everyone in America needs to pay taxes... But let's not have this conversation now."
How very Romneyesque. "I really believe it" but we all know "but let's not have this conversation now" (or ever) is always the waiting in the wings.
The two columns you linked are good treatments, and neither consider the plan "silly". I would say that Cain's plan has been more closely examined than Romney's. Perhaps it would be instructive if Romney would hit the main points of his plan in more detail. So far, most of what I've heard about it is from other candidates picking on his Obama-like treatment of capital gains. And Mitt telling us what he expects the results of his plan to be and referring us to the details for our own further reading (if you have time for 100+ pages).
Mitt's plan has been characterized as mere tinkering around the edges. More defense and explanation of his own plan and less ridicule of Cain's is in order.
--dmac
No comments:
Post a Comment